*** Updated April 2017 ***
Designer Sunglasses Key Trends:
From vintage inspiration to sporty influences, there are countless designer sunglasses options for Spring/Summer, offering something for everyone.
- Inspired by the iconic Ray-Ban® sunglasses Clubmaster, part frame and Clubmaster style sunglasses are setting a new direction this season.
- Wayfarers are as strong as ever with lots of exciting new colours, textures and prints making an impact.
- From small and cute to fun and oversize the retro round trend is set to continue!
- Geometric and Angular Shape Sunglasses are an emerging trend this season – bad news for all the boys this is for women’s only!!
- New colours and shapes of the 1950’s inspired classic Cateye sunglasses are also a hot trend this season, new peaked, flared and oversize variations of the feline frame are guaranteed to be the Purr-fect pick.
- “Forever fashionable” the Aviator sunglasses trend this season focuses on colour and coloured mirror lenses in a choice of Metal or Plastic, Classic or Square frames.
Designer Sunglasses Key Colours:
- Dark Blues and Navys are key colours this season
- Continuing the AW12 trend Deep Reds, Burgundies, Plums, Purples & Violets are still going strong.
- Classic and coloured shades of Tortoiseshell and Havana are key this season.
- Colour Pops
- Prints, Patterns and Two Tone – Including the special series Ray-Ban® Patchwork and Diesel’s Denim Texture designs.
Designer Sunglasses Key Details:
- Interchangeable arms and lenses are huge this season, as are Keyhole Nose Bridges inspired from the classic Oakley Frogskins Shape.
- Decorative styles and novelty frames are big, whether it’s Wood, Leather, Pearl or Denim the choice is endless.
- Simple sunglasses with added detailing are also key this season.
- Inspired by the success of team GB cyclist sports fashion is becoming huge for sunglasses, high technical specification is becoming a must and people are prepared to pay a larger amount for their sunglasses to get a better quality polarised lens. Light, soft touch, rubberised and Carbon Fibre Frames are a key trend.
- The Matte Finish trend is still growing.
- Patterned Frames and Coloured Prints –Ray-Ban® Rare Print Texture Surf brand new for SS13.
- Cut outs.
Designer Sunglasses Key Lenses:
- Full tint coloured lenses perfect for that statement making look, Carrera sunglasses have some great examples, and with the season full of colour, tinted lenses are an important addition to your sunglasses collection. Gradient lenses add just a hint of colour for those choosing the more subtle option.
- Making a bigger impact this season is the coloured mirror lens look, reflective lenses in silvers, golds, blues and red.