We love a good party here at B Sunglasses, which is why we have been following some pretty amazing DJ’s around the world. With summer in full swing and the festival season upon us, now is the perfect time to check out what some of our favourite musicians and DJ’s are up to. This week we caught up with global DJ and friend of B Sunglasses Denney to see what he has been working on, and where he will be playing this summer.
- It’s been a while since we last spoke. How has 2017 been for you so far?
It’s been great thanks, have played some amazing shows so far and have also got lots of new music done in the studio!
- We’ve been listening to your Full Circle EP. For those who may not have heard it, can you tell us a little bit about what to expect from the EP?
It’s a 3 track EP I did for Heidi’s Jackathon Jams label and features a collaborations with Derrick Carter and Roger Sanchez as well as an original by myself.
What was it like working with Derrick Carter and S-Man (Aka Roger Sanchez) on the EP?
It was amazing, they are two of my biggest influences so to have both on the same EP was incredible, thats why it was called “Full Circle EP” as I felt things had come full circle, definitely something i’m very proud of.
- Your new record is getting some great air time on Radio One, can you tell us a bit more about the record?
Its a track that has been 6 years in the making, the original record came out 17 years ago called What’s Going On?” by Mekon. I approached him to send me the vocal so I could do a new version which I finished last year. It’s been a lengthy process but will be out on FFRR in the UK and Different Recordings worldwide…the initial feedback has been amazing so i’m pretty excited about it.
- What other tracks have you been working on that people should be looking out for?
I have EP’s dropping on Relief and Crosstown Rebels over the coming months as well as a load of remixes.
- It looks like you’ve got quite a few sets lined up this summer; tell us where you are heading?
I’ll be in Ibiza 7 times playing for Elrow, Abode and VIVa Warriors, Hideout festival in Croatia, Sonar in Barcelona as well as many UK festivals such as Secret Garden Party, Tramlines, Detonate, Eastern Electrics to name a few.
- You’ve been DJ’ing for quite some time; how has your sound has progressed over the years?
I originally started out playing happy hardcore when I was 13, then that developed into trance which developed into Progressive House. The changing point for me was going to see Yousef and Roger Sanchez play, thats when I got the House bug and havent looked back since. I think you never stop progressing but it always revolves around House Music.
- What exciting projects have you got planned?
I have quite a few in the pipeline but cant say too much right now, I will be doing a collab with Groove Armada though and Joeski at some point.
- Can you tell us three of your favourite tracks from 2017 so far?
Leftwing & Kody “Sound Boy”
Serge Devant “Thinking Of You”
Away from house music, what albums do you enjoy listening to at the moment?
Andy Cato “Time’s & Places” is always a go to album I listen to whilst travelling or chilling.
- What 3 things do you never leave home without when traveling?
Sunglasses, Ear Plugs and Echinacea to keep my immune system up.
- And finally, what sunglasses will you be wearing this summer?
Cazal Legends 627’s are the ones this summer…i love Cazals!