Sun, sand, sea and designer sunglasses; What more could you ask for from a summer holiday? Whether you’re hitting the tropical Florida Keys, the long white beaches of Thailand, the Aussie Gold Coast or even just good old Brighton Pier here is our guide to staying stylish and safe near the surf.
- Opt for a large beach bag to carry all your essentials. Nautical and tropical prints work a treat and woven basket style bags have enough room to fit everything in.
- Looking good on the beach falls only second to taking care of your skin in the sun. Fair skinned sun worshippers, redheads and the freckled among us should go for a Factor 30 Sun Tan lotion whilst darker and olive complexions can opt for a lower SPF.
- As long as you use at least a Factor 15 you should be protected from the harmful UVA and UVB Rays. Don’t forget your AfterSun incase you miss a spot!
- Plan your beach body diet and workouts at least six weeks in advance, limiting yourself to only one treat day a week. Stay away from refined carbs and fizzy drinks to avoid a bloated tummy and focus on squats, push-ups, crunches and light hand-weight work-outs to tone up rather than shed pounds. Swimming and running are great ways to do both.
- A cooling water spritz or mist will cool you down and keep your skin well moisturized. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter is perfect as it also helps firm up skin and maintains your tan for longer.
B Sunglasses Beach Guide featuring a zebra beach towel
- As tempting as a cocktail or cold beer may seem, try to keep hydrated by sipping a bottle of water throughout the day and top up on fluids regularly.
- Invest in a stylish sun hat to keep your hair and scalp protected. A Panama hat gives a cool indie vibe whilst a snap-back baseball cap is very sporty and on-trend.
- Choose a good pair of sunglasses. A darker CAT filter such as a 3-4 CAT will feature a darker lens more suited to bright sunlight. Experiment with styles and colours to match your swimsuit and accessories. Oakley and Carrera mirrored lenses look great with a tan on the beach. Browse our range of colourful sunnies below…
- Girls! Get that beach hair look in a bottle by purchasing a texturizing salt spray for your locks. Tousled boho beach waves and loose messy braids are great for keep hair out of the way through the day but go for smooth, tonged sleek waves for evenings, customised with a summery flower hairpiece.
Ray Ban Surfs Up Original Wayfarer in Blue Texture Surf
Ray Ban Classic Aviator sunglasses in Matte Gold with Blue Mirror
Carrera 5001 in Tort & Orange
Carerra Sunglasses in Pink
Ray Ban CATS 5000 in Matte Transparent Green Mirror
Maui Jim Ailana Cateye Sunglasses in Matte Chocolate Polarised
Miu Miu Sunglasses in Matte Light Havana
- Don’t skimp on bronzers and highlighters to maximise your tan. Women should apply bronzer across the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks taking care to contour for a slimming effect. Give yourself a healthy glow with a flush of coral blusher and a slick of waterproof mascara.
- A gold shimmery highlighter should also be swept over the brow-bone, cheek bones , décolletage, shoulders and down the front of your shins for a slimming look.
- Choose a swimsuit for your shape and style; Guys may want to opt for comfortable and colourful swim-shorts rather than tight European briefs to leave a little more to the imagination!
- Ladies however have many options… A 1950s style onesie can hide a flabby tum whilst a sarong or wraparound style skirt covers up large hips and bums. Slim, petite ladies can experiment with string bikini’s and bandeau tops whilst large chested pear shaped girls might prefer full high waisted vintage style briefs paired with a halterneck to support a larger chest! Darker colours and patterns are also slimming so just make sure you choose a shade which flatters your skin tone.